Brief History

History_1

History_1

History_2

History_2

History_3

History_3

History_4

History_4

History_5

History_5

1962 MOEHS was founded by Mr. Melchor Mallasen Ornat, from which the company’s name is derived: Mallasen Ornat E HijoS    ( Mallasen Ornat and sons).

MOEHS was established in business as a producer of fine Chemicals for the Pharma Industry.

1980 MOEHS became a part of the SANOFI group as a primary pharmaceutical production plant based in Spain. MOEHS was part of the chemical division – Sanofi Chimie – during 15 years.
1995 MOEHS was acquired by a US Chemical holding company PMC, joining together with other companies to form a fine chemical structure in Europe.
2000 MOEHS built a new manufacturing site and it was decided to form a new organization. First Company, MOEHS S.A. was transformed to MOEHS IBERICA, S.L. which is the holding Company of the production site MOEHS CATALANA, S.L. and the new plant MOEHS CANTABRA, S.L.
2005 MOEHS acquired COPRIMA’s Company and it became the third manufacturing site of MOEHS GROUP.
2008 BENECHIM S.P.R.L. active since 1977 and NORCHIM S.A.S founded on 1986, join MOEHS GROUP.
2009 CHEMISCHE FABRIK BERG of Germany, founded in 1953, integrates to MOEHS. It is the sixth manufacturing site.
2011 MOEHS shares 50% of PROTEOS BIOTECH, S.L. adding a new subsidiary company to the group and making their way in the field of biotechnology.
2012 50th anniversary of the founding of MOEHS.
2013 The new plant MOEHS BCN, S.L. located in Castellbisbal came into operation, increasing the production capacity and improving customer service.
2014 Stablishing synergies with Oxiris Chemicals ( PMC Group )
Currently Currently, MOEHS IBERICA is an independent profit center within PMC managing manufacturing sites of MOEHS Group.